How To Treat Muscle Pain?
A person's body is almost completely made out of muscles. Muscle pain is an everyday common pain. Everyone has or will experience muscle pain in their life at some point. Muscle pain can be experienced in most body parts. There are many different reasons that one's muscles may be sore and there are many solutions to fix them. Muscle pain can also be experienced at different pain levels.Cause of muscle pains
Myalgia is a condition that is a common reason a lot of people have muscle pain. Myalgia feeds off the muscle causing it to be painful. Myalgia is caused by too much stress in a person's life.
Other reasons that may also be the cause of the pain can be physical activities or too much tension placed on the muscles.
- If you overuse the muscle without prior warming you are going to hurt the muscle. This usually happens when you are doing physical activities
- You can also injure the muscle if you are doing hard physical work that is not naturally part of your daily activities or even with exercises
- You may hurt the muscle if you are applying tension to one or more muscle tendons unequally
Muscle pain can also be caused by numerous medical conditions. It is most common to get muscle pain from stress or physical activities. But like myalgia, there are other medical conditions that may cause the muscle to be in pain.
- Infection may also cause your muscle to be in pain, for example, polio, flu, or even a bacterial infection in the muscle
- Fibromyalgia is one of the most common medical conditions
- You might have an autoimmune disorder, for example, polymyositis, lupus, or even dermatomycosis
- Your body might not have enough potassium (hypokalemia)
- You might be using a drug that causes muscle pain, for example, cocaine, statins, or ACE inhibitors
- Or you may have problems with your thyroid, for example, hyperthyroidism or hypothyroidism
Depending on how bad your muscle pain is, will make a difference for the home remedy to work. Most of the time home treatment works very well on muscle pain.
You might try these treatments:
- If there is any inflammation in the muscle apply ice to the muscle, it will help to reduce the inflammation and assist to ease the pain
- Just resting the area that is painful will work well. Enough rest and the muscle will recover
- You might also consider taking over-the-counter painkillers or get pain relief injections to help ease the pain
It is important to understand that treatment options for severe pain should be determined by a pain doctor since self-treatment can do more harm than good.
When you decide to use the ice to help with your sprain or strain in the muscle, you must use the ice alone for the first three days before you start applying warmer heat to the muscle. After the first three days, you can start applying warmer heat to the area. Another thing you might want to try to help with the relief is the following actions.
- You can try to stretch the muscle. Not too much, stretch a little bit at a time
- Try not to do too much when you have muscle pain until the pain has passed
- If you are crazy about weight lifting but you hurt the muscle, then try not doing another session until the muscle has recovered completely
- You can also try to do exercise that will help you relax and keep you stress-free
When you subscribe to the blog, we will send you an e-mail when there are new updates on the site so you wouldn't miss them.